The best B12 supplements provide the optimum dosage of this vital nutrient in a high absorbent formula that is easy to take. This essential vitamin helps to protect you against illness and supports energy production. Our guide shows you the best vitamin B12 supplements to support your health.
Table of Contents:
- Best B12 Supplements
- Best B12 Supplement for Vegans
- Best B12 Supplement for Vegetarians
- Best B12 Supplements for Kids
- Best B12 Supplement for Menopause
- Best for Pernicious Anaemia Sufferers
- How Much B12 Do You Need Daily?
Best B12 Supplements
The best B12 supplements are those which provide a straight-forward, effective solution to supplementation. At BetterYou, our vitamin B12 supplements are formulated to bypass the gut’s primary processing and therefore make absorption more effective.
Vitamin B12 benefits your health in many ways, playing a role in vital processes, including:
- Contributing to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Encouraging normal function of the immune system
- Supporting normal psychological function
- Contributing to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Aiding red blood cell formation
The best B12 supplements help you avoid vitamin B12 deficiency by providing a sufficient dosage of the vitamin. Our oral spray supplements provide the nutrient straight to the bloodstream, for effective and rapid supplementation.
The best vitamin B12 supplements from BetterYou include:
- Boost Vitamin B12 Oral Spray - delivers 1,200μg of B12, with a natural apricot flavour.
- B-Complete Oral Spray - delivers 100μg of B12, with a natural peach, plum and raspberry flavour.
Many of our other oral spray products contain this essential vitamin and may be the best B12 supplement for your needs.
Best B12 Supplement for Vegans
Vegans should take vitamin B12 supplements because they may be more at risk of vitamin B12 deficiency. This is because of the foods excluded from a plant-based diet. These foods, including meat, fish and other animal products are food sources of vitamin B12.
The best B12 supplement for vegans may be our Vegan Health Oral Spray.
- This delivers 6μg of vitamin B12 as part of a combined blend of nutrients.
- With a natural mixed berries flavour, this vegan supplement can help to provide the vitamins and minerals commonly under-represented in a plant-based diet.
All of BetterYou’s vegan supplements are Vegan Approved by The Vegetarian Society, which means:
- They contain no animal-derived ingredients
- Measures are in place to avoid cross-contamination during production
- They are GMO-free
Best B12 Supplement for Vegetarians
Vegetarians might consider B12 supplements because they may also be at risk of low levels of this nutrient. Whilst vegetarians do include some animal products in their diets, such as eggs and dairy products, they may still have low B12 intake due to malabsorption or a lack of meat and fish.
- Vegetarians may find our Multivitamin Oral Spray a convenient and effective way to top up on any nutrients they need. This spray delivers 6μg of B12 as part of an expert blend of 14 essential vitamins and minerals, in a natural blackcurrant and plum flavour.
- The best B12 supplement for vegetarians may also be our Vegan Health Oral spray, which is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
Best B12 Supplements for Kids
B12 is an important nutrient for children’s development because of its vital role in the body’s metabolism, immune system, and energy levels. This is because B12 is critical to the creation of red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. This oxygen is transported to the cells which need it, and can be turned into ATP energy.
Our children’s vitamins are formulated to support your little ones’ growth and development. With tasty, pill-free sprays you can quickly deliver their vital nutrients and let them return to play in no time.
The best B12 supplement for children may be our Multivitamin Kids’ Oral Spray.
- This oral spray delivers 3μg of B12 as part of a blend of 14 essential nutrients to support children's health.
- The spray has a great-tasting chocolate and marshmallow flavour, guaranteed to help you ensure your little ones enjoy taking their vitamins!
Best B12 Supplement for Menopause
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity and production of neurotransmitters including serotonin and dopamine, two hormones that support mood.
Therefore, taking menopause supplements including B vitamins may help soothe your symptoms. The best B12 supplement for supplementing all 8 B vitamins in a hassle-free formula is our B Complete Oral Spray. With a great-tasting, natural peach, plum and raspberry flavour, this spray is free from sugar and caffeine.
Best for Pernicious Anaemia Sufferers
Pernicious anaemia is an autoimmune disease which causes someone to be unable to absorb vitamin B12 from food. The body’s of those with Pernicious Anaemia produce an antibody which attacks the intrinsic factor protein needed for B12 absorption in the gut.
Treatment involves B12 injections to raise patients’ levels effectively. Sublingual sprays can be used to treat pernicious anaemia between these injections. While some patients manage perfectly well on an injection every twelve weeks, most of the members of the Pernicious Anaemia Society feel a return of their symptoms long before their injection is due.
The best B12 supplement for those with Pernicious Anaemia is our Boost B12 Oral Spray which delivers a high-dose of 1,200μg for optimum absorption between injections.
Always consult your doctor before taking supplements in an attempt to help support your Pernicious Anaemia, and ensure you continue to act upon the advice of your healthcare provider.
How Much B12 Do You Need Daily?
Once you have the best B12 supplements for you, you’ll need to know how much B12 you need per day.
According to the NHS, the recommended daily dosage of vitamin B12 is
- 1.5μg (micrograms) per day for adults aged 19 - 64.
When supplementing, you should pay attention to nutrient reference value guidelines, and stay within the safe upper limit. This is the maximum amount to ensure you do not exceed what is healthy. With B12, there is no safe upper limit because it is a water-soluble vitamin, so any excess will exit the body through the urine.
Supporting Your Health with BetterYou
We pioneered oral spray technology and topical magnesium supplements to support busy lifestyles and modern diets. Whether you’re searching for vitamin D supplements for strong bones or magnesium supplements for improved sleep, find your new best supplement with BetterYou.