We like to help wherever we can and at this time of year many people turn to us for supplementation solutions for a variety of needs. Here are three of our common enquiries, can you relate to these situations?
I seem to get every cold going. How can I protect myself ?
You may need to think about boosting your immune system by adding a vitamin D supplement to your daily routine. A healthy diet with robust nutrient intake is a crucial ingredient for a healthy body. However, there are certain things that we just can’t get from our diet no matter how many portions of fruit and veg we consume.
Vitamin D supplements are one such area. The “sunshine vitamin” is a vital immune booster that we do not get enough of during winter months. Only 10% of the vitamin D we need comes from our diet, we have to naturally synthesise the other 90% from sunlight. The sun is not strong enough in the northern hemisphere between October and April for us to get enough vitamin D from it, and this is the reason many of us have weakened immune systems at this time.
To keep on top of this we recommend a daily dose of 1000IU of vitamin D per 25kg of body weight. For most adults this equates to one spray of DLux3000 daily. The convenient spray delivers the vitamin D straight into the bloodstream, helping you to ward off those dreaded winter sniffles.
I constantly feel tired in the winter. What can I do to increase my energy levels?
There are a number of nutrients which contribute to our ability to better resist fatigue but the one we increasingly see deficiency in is B12. This one vitamin plays a big role in ensuring healthy red blood cell formation and has been proven to help reduce tiredness and fatigue.
It is also known for being notoriously hard to absorb through the gut, in fact, B12 is so difficult to absorb that only one per cent of intake from food is actually retained.
Boost B12 oral spray efficiently delivers this vital vitamin straight into the bloodstream to quickly increase your levels, helping to combat your fatigue without any nasty artificial come downs.
My muscles always seem to ache during the winter. Is there anything I can do to ease this?
Our bodies automatically tense when we hit the cold weather; we lift our shoulders and try to almost cuddle into ourselves in an attempt to keep warm. Once tense it can be hard to get back into a state of relaxation. We also carry a lot of tension when stressed and the run up to Christmas can be an extremely busy time.
The key to soothing your body back into a relaxed state is transdermal magnesium. Magnesium is nature’s finest relaxant. Magnesium Oil applied to the skin or Magnesium Flakes in a bath helps to release excess tension.